Thursday, June 13, 2013
I can't say it any better than from what Colin Cowie just posted about this very subject. So, I have included the link here for you to read and consider using some or all of his tips in preparing for your summer outdoor wedding.
Photo credit: www.the-egallery.com
Thursday, May 16, 2013
A few of the newest are these three amazing new wedding apps:
1. PaperlessPost - This app is an event management digital e-card company working with high-end designers, such as, Kate Spade and newly added, Oscar de la Renta. They have full wedding suites from which to choose to include save-the-dates, wedding invitations as well as all the "before" parties such as the bridal shower and bachelorette parties. These beautiful wedding suites are as elegant as the traditional paper ones, but a lot more affordable. This app also can track your RSVP's. You will be able to view all your responses and replies from your guests, plus much more.
2. WeddingParty - This is a custom app for your wedding to give guests all the details as well as being able to instantly take photos from your wedding and post and share them immediately similar to Instagram. I actually was just introduced to this app for my niece's recent wedding. It was great to take a photo at the wedding and post it immediately. I love the digital age.
3. WeddingHappy - This is the ultimate digital planning app. This would take the place of your huge, heavy wedding binder. No need to carry that thing around anymore with this app. All your details will be in the palm of your hand on your phone. WeddingHappy is your digital organizational tool. You simply put in your wedding date and it will automatically build your customized task list with suggested due dates. It has a wedding day countdown, calendar and will notify you when tasks are due, plus much, much more. You can upgrade for only $3 to add additional custom tasks - well worth it.
What are you waiting for? Download these apps now.
Monday, April 15, 2013
Ashley and Jim hired me to be their day of coordinator.
Their wedding was this past Saturday, April 13 on a beautiful horse farm at Serra Valley Farm in Mt. Airy, Maryland. You could not have asked for a more beautiful day for an outdoor ceremony. Their wedding was small and intimate with the closest of their family and friends in attendance.
Ashley is very organized and a great DIYer. She, along with help from family and friends, either made or put together all the little details that made their wedding their own. Ashley also is a baker and made her own wedding cake and individual cups of ice cream in a variety of flavors to serve with the cake. This bride is talented! The cake was Tiramisu, celebrating her new husband’s Italian heritage. They even had wine from a distant family relative’s vineyard in Italy. All the little details made this wedding unique and their own.
For the ceremony, Ashley had arranged flowers in a variety of Mason jars and hung them on the end of the chairs along with lace-wrapped sprinkles (because they love ice cream) for guests to sprinkle them as they walked back up the aisle. After the ceremony, I hung the flower-filled Mason jars in the Barn on horseshoe hooks for the reception.
The reception food was tapas served family style by Isabella’s Tavern & Tapas Bar. From the comments I heard, the guests really enjoyed all six courses.
There was dancing and toasts and at the end of the reception, guests were invited to After Hours S’mores by the fire. A great ending to a wonderful day and evening.
Congratulations,Ashley and Jim!
Location: Serra Valley Farm, Mt. Airy, Maryland
Catering: Isabella's Tavern & Tapas Bar
Photography: Yetta Olmstead
Rentals: Premier Event Rentals
Wedding Coordination: Patti Wilson of Smooth Weddings, LLC
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Here are the details:
We will randomly select one winner to those who have answered correctly until 5PM EST TODAY for a chance to win a beautiful Lillian Rose Scattered Pearl Ivory Ring Bearer's Pillow pictured above.
HERE'S THE QUESTION: What six items are usually included in our personalized wedding party goodie boxes? You will need to go to our website at: http://www.smoothweddings.com to find the answer.
Record your answer in comments below.
Please share this with anyone you know who is currently engaged.
SIMPLE RULES: You must be currently engaged, wedding must take place in Metro DC area and only one entry per person.
Friday, February 1, 2013
Suburban Video, located in Rockville, Maryland, is holding a Love Story Contest. Send them a video – less than three minutes long (with or without your sweetheart) telling your love story; like how you met, your first date, most romantic moment, why you’re so good together, the proposal or any detail that others may find interesting or compelling. Use a cell phone camera, Skype or film it with a home camcorder – whatever can be uploaded on YouTube. Suburban Video will then post your video on their website and Facebook page. They will also send out a tweet! The video with the most “likes” wins!
To find out more information on how to enter this great contest, click here. You can also see a sample video as well as an award-winning love story to get your inspiration and ideas.
All entries must be submitted BEFORE February 10, 2013.
The winner will be announced on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2013 on Suburban’s website, Facebook and they will also Tweet it!
Follow these easy steps:
1. Film your story.
2. Upload your video to YouTube.
3. Email the link at LoveStoryContest@SuburbanVideo.com along with your name and contact information.
4. Suburban will post it to their Facebook page.
Share this post with your friends and family and encourage them to vote for you by “like”ing your video on their Facebook page.
What will you win if your video receives the most “likes?” You will win one of Suburban Video’s Love Story Films – a $1,500 value!
All entrants must be engaged to qualify and enter.
Don't delay! Film today! Remember, you only have until February 10 to submit your entry.
story and photo credit: Suburban Video
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
According to hundreds, if not thousands, of wedding professionals surveyed by Bridal Tweet, here are their predicted top wedding trends for 2013. Click here now to see what they predict.
Dear Brides, will some of these trends be a part of your wedding this year? Please comment and share.
credit: Bridal Tweet
photo credit: Pinterest
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Come on out on Wednesday, January 16 from 6pm - 9pm at the Bloomingdale's Tysons Corner, Virginia.
Scan your registry, enjoy libations, sample savory Hors d'Oeuvres by RSVP Catering, and indulge your sweet tooth with cake tastings. Let the experts from Engaged Magazine inspire you with great tips for creating your dream registry and planning your wedding, plus, take home a fabulous gift bag. Think of this as partying with a purpose.
Open a registry at Bloomingdale's during the event and enter to win a luxurious 3-night luxurious stay at the Hotel le Bristol, Paris, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
Please reply to 703.556.4640.
info courtesy of: Engaged Magazine