Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Okay. It’s the new year. We’re suppose to make New Year’s resolutions, right? I don’t like to call them resolutions for whatever reason. I would rather call them goals and I do have some goals I would like to accomplish this year.

For my wedding business, I would love to expand it by offering simple floral design services for making bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces as well as graphic design services so I could design invitations, programs, etc. I’ve already helped past clients with program design and I did my first floral design last September and am doing it again for one of my weddings this May. I just want to get a little more educated with each of these services so I can offer the best to my clients.

As far as personal goals, I would love to learn French and take photography classes (photography is my second love, after weddings.) I’ve always wanted to learn French and, in fact, tried to self-teach myself a long, long time ago with books I checked out of the library, but then life happened and I never stayed with it.

It’s good to write down goals. You are more apt to keep them. To help you write your goals, think of the SMART method – S – specific, M – measurable, A – achievable, R – realistic and T – timeframe.

What are your goals for 2009?

No comments: