Friday, March 20, 2009

Simple, Yet Delicious!

Okay. So, this post has nothing to do with weddings. But, it does have to do with something else I love and that is – chocolate! Yes, I confess I am a chocoholic. It’s a disease I have lived with as long as I can remember. I am not looking for a cure anytime soon. I live, breathe and eat chocolate 24/7. Well, maybe not that much because I can’t while I’m sleeping, but almost. I do, at least, have some form of chocolate everyday.

A friend of mine e-mailed me the other day with a chocolate cake recipe that you can make and be eating, literally, in five minutes! No lie. Little did she know I would go nuts over it. Maybe you’ve heard of it already. It’s called “5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake.” Recipe follows at the end of this post.

As soon as I read the recipe and saw how easy it was, I immediately made it and made two because I wanted to share it with my family later that night for dessert. I had a large mug that when I cut the cake in half, it was still a generous portion to serve. I actually could have eaten the whole mug of cake myself, but I wanted my family to indulge my disease with me that night. I didn’t have any icing on hand, so I just drizzled chocolate syrup over it. Mmmmmm! It’s not “Death by Chocolate” good, but it is certainly good enough to satisfy my chocolate fix for the day or, at least, for that moment.

For all my fellow chocoholics, I wanted to share this recipe with you, so you could have your chocolate fix for the day, too.

I was going to take a picture to show you, but I ate it too fast.

So, what are you waiting for? It’s only five minutes away!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT!
(this can serve 2 if you want to share)

No comments: