Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wedding of Priscilla + Insoo - October 15, 2011


I had the pleasure of planning and coordinating Priscilla's + Insoo's wedding this past weekend. After all the rain we had been having in our area, Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous, beautiful sunny day.

Even though the wedding was in the fall, Priscilla wanted a sort of "Valentine's" theme. Her colors were red and white.

For her favors, she had already purchased conversation hearts, so I provided red organza bags to fill with the hearts.

Priscilla + Insoo are Korean and the sweetest couple. They had a local Korean restaurant cater the food and there was plenty to go around. They were expecting around 350 guests.


Based on Priscilla's idea for her centerpieces, I used clear Deco Beads in a cylinder vase, a red submersible LED light to make it really "pop," and a red rose. It looked pretty cool. For some of the other centerpieces, I used clear rocks that Priscilla had purchased, the red LED light and a red rose. I filled the vase with water and added floating candles. We used white tablecloths with a red runner placed down the middle of each guest table.


A few weeks prior to the wedding, Priscilla had mentioned she wanted to have a game played during the reception, but she wanted it to be a surprise. She didn't want to know what game I chose. I searched the Internet for ideas and chose the one of having the guests spontaneously get up and sing a line or two from a song with the word "love" in it. Whenever the bride and groom heard the word "love" they would have to kiss. Well, on the day of the wedding, shortly before the reception began, I found out that in the Korean culture, they do not show PDA (public display of affection). I thought, "Uh, oh. What am I going to do if they won't kiss or the guests won't even get up to sing?" I did have a back-up game, but I wanted to see if this one would work. So, I felt I had to give a heads up to Priscilla so she wouldn't be totally taken offguard. I didn't tell her what the guests had to do, but I did tell her that it would involve her having to kiss her husband. At first, she was a little shy and embarrassed, but was accepting of it. When it was time for the game, I had the MC start things off by singing a song himself. They kissed. The guests seemed to really enjoy it. So, someone else got up and sang. They kissed. Quite a few guests got up and sang and really started getting into it. Everyone was laughing and clapping. One person even sang the Barney song. It was a riot. I think it really made the reception fun and got the guests really involved. I have a feeling, this is one they will remember for a long time.

I loved working with Priscilla + Insoo. They are now enjoying their honeymoon in Aruba!

Congratulations!

::sources::
Caterer - Dong-A Asian Market
Florist - Joy Park
Wedding Cake - Korean Bakery
Photographer - Studio Moment Event Photography
Hair/Makeup - E Jung

No comments: