Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grooms Helping to Plan Their Wedding

Have you noticed grooms are getting more and more involved in helping to plan their wedding?  No longer is it just the bride and her family.  He wants to get in on the action, too.   Take Brad Pitt, for instance.  He designed Angelina Jolie's engagement ring and is supposedly restoring an estate in southern France for the wedding as well as having a say on the flowers and ceremony.

As a wedding planner, I have seen many grooms be involved with helping their bride plan “their” wedding.  It’s not just the bride’s wedding anymore.

I actually thought this same thing when planning my own wedding 18 years ago.  My fiancé, now husband, was very involved in the planning of our wedding and I loved it.  I wanted him to be a part of it.  I always thought the wedding is just as much for the groom as it is for the bride.  So much so that I wanted him to also walk down the aisle – and, he did. 

There are still many grooms who say, “Whatever you want, dear.”  But, there are many now that say, “I want to help.”

Dear Brides:  What about you?  Is your groom helping you plan the wedding?  How involved is he?  Please comment and share.

photo credit:  Martha Stewart Weddings

1 comment:

kennady said...

I agree this information that Groom's helping help to plan their wedding. He is also has responsibility to play the role in wedding planning. My friend is helping his life partner to plan the wedding using the wedding planner iPhone app for the assistant.