Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Baby Shower

Okay. I really only do weddings, however, this baby shower is for my oldest daughter. She and her husband are expecting their first child, a girl, in March. I am having so much fun planning this for her. It's sort of nice planning something other than weddings for a change of pace. Who knows? Maybe I'll add baby showers onto my wedding business one day.

Anyway, I thought I would share what I am doing. Her shower is next month on February 17. I am hosting it at my house. The shower will be from 1pm-4pm. We are going to serve light Hors d'Oeuvres with a baby buggy cake and mini-chocolate fountain for dessert. Her colors are lavender, yellow and pink with a butterfly theme. I scanned the picture of a butterfly from the invitations and am using that as the "logo" on all the signage, favor tags, etc. for the shower. It's so cute.

We are playing two games and having a raffle for a gift basket. The first game is an "ice-breaker" game. I have a made-up funny story about the shower using the words "right" and "left" several times throughout the story. As the guests hear the words "right" or "left" they will pass around an object (or it can be the actual prize) in that direction. It is really funny to see the guests pass a gift around back and forth several times and never know where it ends up until the end of the story. I did it with my family for Christmas a few years back - with a Christmas story, of course. Obviously, the last person holding the object or prize when the story is finished, wins. The second game will be the common "guess the measurement of the expectant mother's belly" using ribbon. Each guest passes around a spool of ribbon and tries to estimate how long they need to cut it in order to fit around the mom-to-be's belly. The guest that comes the closest, wins. For the gift basket raffle, each guest has to bring a pack of diapers or wipes. I will have their names pre-printed and as they arrive with their diapers or wipes, I will drop their name in the basket for the mom-to-be to draw the winning name near the end of the shower. To increase their chances, they can enter as many times as they like by bringing more than one pack of diapers or wipes. This is a good way for the expectant mother to start out with a good supply of diapers and wipes.

The "ice-breaker" game could be revised for a bridal shower. That would be really fun. Sorry, I just had to have something related to weddings on this post.

Back to baby shower - I will post pictures afterwards. I am just hoping the weather cooperates by not suddenly having a blizzard. We've been so fortunate to have a very unseasonably warm winter. I'm just praying that continues throughout the rest of the winter, especially for the shower and when it comes time for the baby to be born.

All right. I've written enough on the baby shower for now. More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eresistuplern http://comprare-kamagra.wikidot.com http://buy-suhagra.wikidot.com http://neurontin.wikidot.com eresistuplern

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?