Saturday, June 26, 2010

Floral Design


I did flowers for a wedding today. They were such a sweet couple. I was referred to them by the bride’s hair stylist/makeup artist. Thank you, Erin. Had to deliver them this morning in DC at 9AM!

I spent all day and evening until 11PM yesterday assembling the flowers. Probably would have been done much earlier had it not been for phone calls and other of life’s little interruptions.

I made 7 bouquets, 3 mini-bouquets, 7 wrist corsages, a cake topper and 20 boutonnieres! Never had that many for one wedding before. Whew! It was a great experience, though. I sat down for most of the assembly, which I usually don’t do, but it actually worked really well and my feet didn’t ache by day's end.

The color scheme was dark purple and deep sage. The bride’s bouquet consisted of all white flowers of peonies, dahlias, lisianthus and waxflowers as a filler. I love how it came out. This might be my favorite one I designed yet. The bridesmaids bouquets had purple alstroemeria, white lisianthus and purple waxflowers. The boutonnieres consisted of purple waxflowers backed by a gardenia leaf with the exception of the Groom’s who had white waxflowers. Simple, yet elegant.

I took these photos and they don’t do them justice, but I hope you enjoy them anyway.

Thank you and congratulations, Rebekah and Josh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice work, I hope they appreciate your love.

brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com