Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I love Martha Stewart!


Isn’t it amazing how she can make the simplest things look so elegant? Take the Mason jars pictured above, for instance, which were featured in the latest Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. Who’d thought you could dress up a canning jar? All she did was take vintage Mason jars, tie gold-rimmed ribbons around the tops and place a votive candle inside and Voila! you have instant lanterns. These would be great for a fall or country-style wedding used either as centerpieces or to line a walkway in the evening. To prevent the candles from sticking to the bottom of the jars, she suggests adding about an 1/8 inch of water before setting the votives inside. Also, be forewarned – the jars will get very hot so you need to take care in handling them after they have been lit for several hours. I have several Mason jars. I think I’ll use this idea to decorate for a small gathering I’m having at my house this Sunday. Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, anyone may say what they will about her personality, but when it comes to things like this, what she does best, I totally love Martha Stewart, too. Her recipes are always delicious and her knack for decorating the most ordinary things (and *with* everyday things!) is just amazing. Long live the domestic diva!