Monday, October 8, 2007

Using Martha's Idea


Well, I used the Mason jar idea for my gathering Sunday night. Although, duh, I forgot to take pictures, so I just took a picture of them grouped together as you can see. Anyway, I didn't have the vintage green-tinted Mason jars like Martha, but I did have the clear ones and they still looked beautiful. I used them to line my walkway. Since this is fall, I tied orange raffia around the top. Just as Martha Stewart suggested, I filled each jar with a little bit of water. It did make for a very easy clean-up. Since they were standing in the water, the melted wax just sort of "floated" and it was very easy to get them out afterwards.

On a side note, another way I use these Mason jars, and have for several years, is I fill them with homemade hot chocolate mix I make for friends and family to give as gifts for Christmas. I love them.

No comments: