Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wedding Week

Monday and Tuesday

I have a wedding this Saturday, so I thought I would give you a “snapshot” of what I do to prepare for a wedding I am coordinating.

I was hired nine months ago to help this bride plan and coordinate her wedding. Can’t believe it’s almost here. I’m sure she can’t either. At the time she hired me, she had already found and reserved the church and reception site. She also found the bakery she wanted to do her wedding cake. I researched and hired the photographer and videographer. I am also doing her flowers and handling all her rental items. I am so excited!

Yesterday, I reviewed and finalized all details. I printed out the itinerary for the wedding party which I will give to them at the rehearsal this Friday. This will tell the wedding party where and when they need to arrive at the church, when photos will take place and a general order of the ceremony as well as the reception. This also has all of my contact info so they will be able to reach me should they have any questions or need anything on the wedding day.

I sent my bride many e-mails with reminders of various items that she needs to take care of this week.

I went through all my checklists ensuring everything is done that needs to be done or still needs to be done prior to Saturday.

Today

I am sending out detailed schedules to all the vendors so everyone will be on the same page. As with the wedding party, this schedule has the times and order of events for the ceremony and reception. My schedules are so detailed, my vendors rarely have questions.

My bride is using the Adesso albums for her guest books. To save money, we are also renting the Polaroid cameras from Adesso. I need to pick them up tomorrow as well as the purple sparkle crepe overlays we are using for the guest tables.

More tomorrow.

No comments: